- Mississippi State Senator for 12 years.
- Chairman, Senate Agriculture Committee for 8 years.
- An active Legislator who authored countless pieces of legislation benefitting Agriculture in this State through her leadership in numerous committees including Appropriations, Congressional Redistricting, Constitution, Corrections, Elections, Legislative Reapportionment, PEER, Public Health and Welfare, Public Health and Welfare, Veterans and Military Affairs, & Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks.
- Vice Chairman, National Agriculture Committee of State Legislators.
- Charter Member, National State Agriculture Rural Leaders Organization.
- Farm Bureau – Agriculture Legislator of the Year and Ambassador Award for exemplary leadership in agriculture.
- Delta Council – Achievement Award for her outstanding contributions to aquaculture and authoring the legislation requiring Mississippi restaurants serving catfish to display product origin labeling.
- National Rifle Association – Millennium Honor Roll Award for her distinguished service in the defense of Liberty and of the Second Amendment Right to Keep and Bear Arms and Legion of Honor Award for her dedicated, unselfish, and patriotic services in the defense of freedom.
- Mississippi Association of Conservation Districts – Legislator of the Year Award for her leadership in introducing conservation legislation.
- National Guard of the United States – Medal of Merit Award for exhibiting exceptional support to the National Guard and drafting legislation in support of the initiatives benefitting Mississippi National Guard.
- United States Selective Service System – Outstanding Patriotic American Award for her continued service in Veterans and Military affairs.
- National Future Farmers of America – Honorary American Degree for her contributions made to youth through agricultural education.
- Alcorn State University – Outstanding Service to Small Farmers of Mississippi Award.
John Phillips, Chairman of the Delta Council Executive Committee, presented Senator Cindy Hyde-Smith the prestigious Delta Council Achievement Award.